Saturday 4 August 2012


KSA celebrates 35yrs as King

of World Beats


Thirty-five years after he was crowned King of World Beats, juju maestro and accomplished actor, King Sunny Ade is set to celebrate. A seven-member committee has been set up to oversee the planning, and activation of the 35th Crowning Anniversary holding soon. During a meeting at Ajorosun Club in Ibadan on Sunday, Akogun Lekan Alabi was made the Chairman of the committee. Alabi was chosen following his successful packaging of Evangelist Ebenezer Obey’s 70th birthday party in Lagos two months ago. Reacting, Akogun said it was an honour and privilege to chair the planning committees of the landmark event of this music icon.. “I remember my write-ups in my weekly column in the Sunday Sketch, where I described Obey and Sunny as champions of their trade. How prophetic. I derive great pleasure in celebrating creativity and excellence. Obey and KSA are models and one cannot but be proud to be associated with them. My appointment, in a lighter mood, can be regarded as payback. May God enable my committee to achieve equal success for KSA as we did for Obey last April,” he said,. Other members of the committee are: Mr Clement Ige, of KSA Chief Bunmi Adesanya, Aare M.A. Latosa; Mr Akin Olaiya, and Barrister Gbenga Makinde.